RINGWORM ( TINEA CORPORIS)miracleshealthclinic
Tinea Corporis or ringworm or pityriasis corporis is a fungal infection of the skin characterized by an itchy ring shaped skin rashes. Its other names are tinea circinata and tinea glabrosa. It affects specifically groins, inside of thigh, lower abdomen and any part of the body.
This infection tends to last for a very long time, for years at times; as it is difficult to get rid of this fungus.
Types of Tinea Corporis:
- Tinea Capitis: Ringworm infection of scalp
- Tinea Barbae: Ringworm infection of beard area
- Tinea Pedis: Ringworm infection of foot
- Tinea Cruris: Ringworm infection of groin area
- Tinea Manus: Ringworm infection of hands and interdigital spaces
- Tinea Faciei: Ringworm infection of face except the beard area
- Tinea Unguium: Ringworm infection of nails
It is caused by mold-like fungi called dermatophytes.
Following factors make one prone to develop fungal infection:
- Excessive sweating
- Poor hygiene
- Using contaminated personal care items (such as: clothing, combs, toothbrush etc.)
- It can also spread from pets (such as: cats, dogs, cows etc.)
- Red raised ring shaped eruption with clearer center
- The borders may appear scaly
- It is best diagnosed by any trained physician clinically.
- Skin scrapings of affected area for microscopic examination
- Antifungal creams – ketoconazole, oxiconazole, clotrimazole or miconazole
- Antifungal medication- The most commonly used antifungal medications are itraconazole and terbinafine. These medications are given in extensive cases and to prevent secondary infection.
Homeopathic approach for the treatment of Tinea Corporis:
Homeopathy is effective for chronic Tinea corporis. However, as the disease gets older, it tends to get more resistant to any form of treatment. Also, once you use anti-fungal cream for many months or years, this infection becomes more resistant and difficult to treat. Homeopathy is strongly indicated for Tinea corporis.