VERRUCA PLANA( FLAT WARTS)miracleshealthclinic
Verruca Plana is also known as flat warts. They are usually harmless and painless, and many go away on their own after months to years. They tend to stay small in size, but they can be numerous in quantity. They often spread to other places on the body by scratching or shaving.
Causes of Verruca Plana
They are common growths caused by an infection of the surface (superficial) skin with the human papillomavirus (HPV), which thickens the top skin layer.
Warts may spread in humans by person-to-person contact or, rarely, by touching an object used by an infected person. They are not highly contagious and usually require a small break in the skin to become infected.
Warts can be found on people of all ages, all races, and both sexes. However, warts are most commonly seen in youths aged 12-16 years. In fact, it is estimated that 20% of schoolchildren have warts. Additionally, whites are more often affected with warts than darker-skinned persons.
People with weakened immune systems (such as with HIV or following an organ transplant) have more trouble with warts.
Signs and Symptoms
The most common locations for flat warts include the following:
- Face, especially in children
- Backs of hands
- Legs, especially in women who shave
- Beard area, especially in men who shave
Flat warts are very slightly raised smooth skin-colored bumps ranging in size from 1 to 5 mm. Flat warts are usually numerous and may appear in a line because of reinfection within the same person (autoinoculation) from scratching or shaving.
Gradation of warts:
Infection with flat warts can be graded as follows:
- Mild: one or a few painless warts
- Moderate: 10 – 100 painless lesions
- Severe: more than 100 lesions that cause enough pain to limit normal life activities
- Freezing with liquid nitrogen (cryosurgery)
- Burning with an electric needle (electrocautery)
- Using a laser to disrupt the blood supply of the warts
- Application of cantharidin, podophyllin, tretinoin, or salicylic acid
- Injection with bleomycin, a chemotherapy drug, directly into the warts
- Application of imiquimod, a cream that induces your immune system to destroy the warts
Homeopathy medicines have anti-viral efficacy and it works very well for Verruca Plana. Homeopathy is strongly suggested for all cases of Verruca Plana.