Tinea (pityriasis) versicolor is a chronic fungal (yeast) infection of the skin mainly which is observed in children as well as in adults. This condition is commonly observed in people especially in tropical and subtropical countries such as India. It has a tendency to stay on for many months or even years, as fungus tends to be resistant to many treatments.
It is caused by the fungus. The year or fungus by the name Pityrosporum ovale normally found on skin mainly on upper back and chest region.
Triggering and maintaining factor:
- Hot climate
- Excessive sweating
- It may cause loss of skin color (hypopigmentation) or increase in skin color (hyperpigmentation) macules with sharp edges and fine scales.
- Clinical presentation of the Tinea Versicolor
- Skin scrapings of the affected area for microscopic examination
- Antifungal creams containing ketoconazole or miconazole or clotrimazole
- Selsun shampoo containing more than 1% selenium sulfide. It is normally applied to the skin and washed off after 10 minutes.
Homeopathic approach for the treatment of Tinea Versicolor
Homeopathy works extremely well in the cases of Tinea Versicolor. One may expect the complete recovery.
Homeopathy is strongly recommended.