GYNECOMASTIA ( BREAST ENLARGEMENT IN MALE)miracleshealthclinic
Gynecomastia is a condition where males have abnormally enlarged breasts, due to increased proliferation of breast tissues.
All men have both androgen and estrogen hormones, that is male and female hormones. When there is an alteration in androgens and estrogens balance then it results in Gynecomastia.
- Hormones (androgens, anabolic steroids, estrogen agonists)
- Anti-ulcer medications such as cimetidine
- Antibiotics (isoniazid, ketoconazole, metronidazole)
- Cardiovascular drugs, such as captopril and digitoxin
- Cancer chemotherapeutics for prostrate cancer.
- Psychoactive agents, such as diazepam and tricyclic antidepressants
- Enlargement of male breast
- Tenderness and sensitivity may be present
- Physical examination
- Past medical history
- Mammogram in case of cancer suspicion
Gynecomastia may not be considered a serious medical condition, however, it has great impact on the mind of the person having it. Low self-esteem may lead to poor social networking, which may lead to some sort of anxiety and depression in some patients.
Treatment for Gynecomastia:
Treatment for Gynecomastia depends on the cause of the Gynecomastia. The underlying cause has to be taken into consideration for the treatment.
- In pubertal cases, one should wait and watch as condition resolves by itself.
- If it is drug induced, then offending medications should be stopped.
- Surgery, for cosmetic reason and when there is pain and tenderness
Homeopathic approach for Gynecomastia:
Homeopathy has excellent results in gynecomastia.