FIBROADENOMA( BREAST TUMOURS)miracleshealthclinic
Fibroadenomas are non-cancerous (benign) and harmless tumors which are made up of fibrous tissues of the breast. These are common in adolescent and young women. The incidence of Fibroadenoma reduces with increasing age.
Signs and symptoms
- Fibroadenomas are smooth, round and easily movable swellings. It is referred as ‘Breast Mouse’ or ‘floating tumor’ as it easily sleeps away from fingers. Size of the tumor may vary from one to five centimeters.
- It could be single or multiple. Generally, it is painless and may affect both breasts.
- Pain and tenderness (pain when touched) may be present especially before periods and subsides after periods. These cyclical changes are because of the hormonal changes. This is the reason why it is less common after menopause.
Causes of Fibroadenoma
The exact cause of Fibroadenoma is unknown. It is because of the cyclical hormonal changes that take place in the body of women of childbearing age.
- Clinical history
- Physical examination
- Mammography – It is the process of using low amplitude x rays to examine breast.
- Biopsy – Women in their teens do not need a biopsy if the lump dissolves on its own.
- Sudden increase in size of tumor
- Pain in breast not affected by menstrual cycle
- Hard, immovable tumors
Transformation of Fibroadenoma into the cancerous tumor is very rare. Only 0.002-0.012% of the Fibroadenoma convert into a cancerous growth.
best and first class treatment available in homeopathy.